Sunday, November 6, 2011

Torture

So much B.S. If you did it, it was torture. If I did it, or if my boss told me to do it, then it was not torture.

If you did water boarding on a suspect, it was drowning torture. If I did it, it was only an enhanced interrogation technique. If you did it, it was a crime. If I did it, or if my boss told me to do it, then it was not a crime.

I am not asking for your opinion. I am telling you that torturing a human being, including water boarding, is immoral, unethical, inhumane and illegal. It is definitely against human rights and is very wrong.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in November 2011, I wrote about Torture, more particularly a so-called enhanced interrogation technique used by the CIA against the suspected terrorists, which was approved by Dick Cheney and George Bush, and supported by their obedient gang.

    Torture was / is against the Geneva Convention, Human Rights and International Laws. War crimes were committed, but who would be held responsible, prosecuted and brought to justice? Yet another example of American Double Standard and Exceptionism!

    A CIA Torture Report was out. Obama admitted that the U.S. did many things right, but torture was wrong, but what is he going to do ? Uncle Sam would do, and did, bad things to others, but nobody seems to have the guts or means to bring him to justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old comments were deleted for editing only, not for substantial changes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read Torture (2) of December 12, 2014 for more Fast Edi Thoughts and Comments on American Double Standard, Exceptionalism, CIA Torture, etc.etc.

    ReplyDelete