Monday, February 24, 2014

My Beautiful Wife

Jeopardy is an American quiz show hosted by Alex Trebeck. I am not crazy about any T.V. show, but I do sometimes watch Jeopardy. It is a good show.
.........................................................................................
I noticed something amusing: whenever Alex asked a male contestant to introduce his wife, the married man always said, "she is my beautiful wife." Yet I have never heard a female contestant introduce her husband by saying that "he is my handsome husband."
........................................................................................
Why do such married men always describe their wives as beautiful? Is it enough just to say "she is my wife" ? Is it because they want to please and respect their women? Is it because they want the whole world to know that they are proud to have made a great choice? Is it because they have inferiority complex and must insist that their wives are beautiful? Or is it because they have superiority complex and want to boast about the beauty of their wives? Why do they have to include the adjective "beautiful" before the word "wife"? Is it necessary to do so? When there is love, everything turns beautiful.What man would introduce his wife by saying that "she is my ugly wife"? (even if she is really ugly).
........................................................................................
The truth is that most people are in the middle range. They are neither super beautiful nor extremely ugly. The human form, including the face, is basically artistic and beautiful. There is no need to overvalue or undervalue it. Jeopardy is a quiz show, not a beauty contest. I once heard a female contestant introduce her husband by saying that "he is my lovely husband". Mmmm .... maybe all these married men can copy this lady and introduce their wives by saying that "she is my lovely wife", instead of saying "she is my beautiful wife". Being lovely is more than just being beautiful, handsome or good looking.
.........................................................................................
All said, you are free to say whatever you want, 'cause I believe in freedom of speech. All these expressions are only my thoughts and comments. Good Day !  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment