Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz has named Carly Fiorina as his vice-president running mate.

I watched him talk. Forgive me, but I felt like listening to a slick evangelist preaching a sermon. Only it was a political sermon, not a religious sermon. The political sermon was Ted's over-the-top praising of Carly. There was nothing wrong in the praising itself. The problem was that he over-did it or delivered his speech in a strange way. That was how I felt anyway. Somehow it sounded like Carly was running for the president's office, while Ted was her vice-president candidate praising her.

If you are allowed to use only one word to describe the speeches of these candidates, what would it be? Here are mine:

Bernie Sanders: sincere.
Hillary Clinton: hypocritical.
Donald Trump: blunt.
Ted Cruz: slick.

If I were an American, I would give my vote to Bernie Sanders. However, the political reality is that we'll probably end up with Hillary or Donald as the next U.S. President. Let's wait and see ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment