Monday, August 9, 2010

Anne Rice Quits Christianity

In the news,American author Anne Rice has quit Christianity. What a courageous woman! I am an ex-Catholic and ex-Christian myself. Like her, I saw so much hypocrisy in organized Catholic and Christian religions that I have quit. My intelligence and conscience would not allow me to stay on, to continue to live a lie in a religious box with so many untruths and unscientific teachings.

It is nonsense that the Pope is infallible, gay people are evil, men are smarter than women, and only Christians will be saved and go to heaven, and the rest of humanity being atheists and of other religions will all go to hell.

I said it last year, and I am saying it now again.If you are a closet atheist, please have courage and come out of the religious box. Set yourself free! If you are a Christian, you can still keep and practise all those good teachings of Jesus about love and forgiveness, without having to stay in the Christian box. You'll find less hypocrisy, and more freedom and honesty outside the box.

Again, in the end, the decision or choice is yours. I am just expressing my views and giving you some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment