Friday, June 10, 2016

Brexit

I don't have the right to vote. I'm speaking as a Canadian only. To me, Canadian politics is so much simpler. I don't have deep knowledge of British politics, but I've done some studies about Brexit. 

This is my opinion: either you are in or you are out. It is not good that you are in, but not quite in, which is the current situation. If I am a British citizen, I'll vote yes, leave the EU. It may hurt a little in the short run, but in the long run, U.K. will get back its ' full ' sovereignty with no higher EU authority above. The U.K. Government will become ' more free ' to do good for the British people, and ' more free ' to work directly with other countries, without having to consult or be subject to the approval of a higher EU Authority. 

I'm not asking for a debate please. I'm only giving my opinion as an observer. I know there are also the Stay-No-Brexit people. I'm sure they have their good reasons why they want to stay. Peace ! 

2 comments:

  1. The British people have spoken. 51.9% want to leave the EU. 48.1% want to remain. Of the 12 regions, only 3 regions have more stay-votes than leave-votes (Scotland, North Ireland and London). 9 regions have more leave-votes than stay-votes. 9 out of 12 regions want to leave, so the choice is clear. I feel a bit sad for David Cameron, but it's politics: one day you were on the top, and then the next day you fell.I guess the Queen may be laughing in secret. No more EU above her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Final leave votes 17,410,742. Final stay votes 16,141,242

    ReplyDelete