Thursday, June 2, 2016

Harambe

By now, you have probably watched the news that in the Cincinnati Zoo, a boy fell into the enclosure where Harambe, a big gorilla, was shot dead.

These are my thoughts and comments:

I love animals. Maybe animals like Harambe should be left in the natural habitat. Maybe the boy's mother was negligent and did not watch him well enough. Maybe the zoo did not provide good security to prevent such accident from happening. Maybe the 400 lb gorilla would not hurt the boy. All maybes!

But it was not a maybe that the boy was in real danger. Whether Harambe intended to hurt the boy or not, the boy could be killed by the strong and massive animal. I'm biased. I value human life more than an animal's life, although I love both humans and animals.

I'm of the opinion that the zoo did the right thing in shooting the gorilla dead and let the boy live.

Fast Edi Thoughts and Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment